Thursday, April 19, 2012

Simple Egg Salad

I have been enjoying this weather soooo much!  Not too cold, not too hot, but just right!!  The birds are so happy and singing their little hearts out, everything is blooming and I couldn't be enjoying myself more... other than our cat taking a piss on my grandmother's quilt which was on our spare bed!  Those of you who have cats know that they are both RUINED! Argh!!!  As angry as that made me, I still love that little bugger!

Ok... now that I have that out of my system, here is today's post!

I have been hankering for eggs... eggs in all kinds of ways!  So I decided to make some egg salad to curb my cravings and it really hit the spot!  I'd forgotten how simple and delicious egg salad is. Yum!
I did this spur of the moment and didn't really measure anything out, so bear with my "Kindy" measurements! ;)


Ingredients:

6 eggs
salt, to taste
4-6 grinds of freshly cracked pepper
a touch of cayenne
1/4 medium red onion, diced small
1 large spoonful of Nayonaise (or mayo/mayo alternative of your choice)
2 second squeeze of mustard (I used stone ground, but you can use what you like)
1 teaspoon of fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped (dill would be a wonderful alternative)


Method:

Make sure your eggs are close to room temperature.  This will alleviate the shells cracking when added to the boiling water.
Add about 3 inches of water to your pot and bring to a boil.
Bring water to a rolling boil, add the eggs, bring to a boil again, cover and shut the burner off and let sit for 10-15 min.
Plunge the eggs into cold water and let sit for a few minutes.
Peel the eggs and add to your bowl.
Chop up the eggs and add all of your ingredients, mixing well.
It's that easy! Enjoy your egg salad on a sandwich, wrap or with crackers! 


Puppy "the little pissa" 
Love him despite his shenanigans!





No comments: