Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Alex's Simple Corn & Red Pepper

Several years ago, my dad created this super easy and delicious dish using local corn and red pepper and I have been making it ever since. I love corn and am from Indiana... Tye loves to tease me about this!
On July 3rd 2002, my dad passed away. I always miss him, but especially around this time of year. So, I made this while I was missing him and corn is wonderful here in Tennessee this time of year.
Cheers dad, this post is for you!


Ingredients:
4 ears of fresh sweet corn, on the cob
1 red pepper, chopped
1/4 stick of really good sea salted butter
4 tablespoons Bragg's amino acids
large saute pan

Directions:
shuck the corn and cut off the cob, using a paring knife directly into the pan
cut the red pepper and add to the pan
cut the butter into pad and add to the pan
saute the mixture for about 5-10 minutes, until coated and slightly cooked
add Bragg's amino acids and saute for another 5 minutes
remove from heat, plate and eat
enjoy!

No comments: